Coronavirus Resource Guide
Here are important novel coronavirus (COVID-19) resources for people living in our region. You can also view these resources in Spanish. You’ll find up-to-date information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and from New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands, as well as known national, federal, and state sources.
- We will update this list with new information as it is released.
- The Northeast ADA Center does not give medical or legal advice.
- Please contact medical or legal experts for more information.
We make every effort to provide the information in an accessible format.
The Northeast ADA Center is not responsible for the accessibility of external links.
- ADA at Work: COVID-19 webinar: Learn more about the implications of COVID-19 at work.
- Special Session: COVID-19 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Access to programs and services: Learn more about access for people with disabilities in the community diring the pandemic.
Resources for Business
- Office of Disability Employment Policy: ODEP compiled resources to support workers and employers understand disability issues during the COVID-19 virus.
- Department of Labor: The DOL offers resources to workers and employers prepare for the COVID-19 virus.
- The Administration for Community Living: ACL has published an article about COVID-19 as it relates to older adults and people with disabilities.
- Centers for Disease Control: The CDC has provided a comprehensive resource with updated information on all aspects of the novel coronavirus. The CDC has also posted COVID-19 ASL videos on YouTube.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: The EEOC has created a resource for employees and employers on navigating COVID-19 in the workplace, with considerations for how the ADA and the Rehabilitation Act intersect with the pandemic.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency: FEMA is providing a variety of resources relating to the federal government’s response in safeguarding the United States population.
- Department of Justice: The DOJ site has tips on preventing fraud as wrongdoers seek to profit from the current crisis.
Resources in New York
- New York State Department of Health: Visit this site for updates and resources about COVID-19 as it relates to New York State, including essential services and employment protections.
- New York City Department of Health: Look here for information that is specific to the five boroughs.
Resources in New Jersey
- New Jersey Department of Health: This site offers updates and resources about COVID-19 as it relates to New Jersey, including essential services and employment protections.
- New Jersey 2-1-1: By calling 211 or visiting this website, New Jersey residents can find available resources in their communities.
Resources in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
- Puerto Rico Department of Health: Visit this site for information and resources on Puerto Rico’s response to COVID-19.
- United States Virgin Islands Department of Health: Look here to find information and resources on the US Virgin Islands response to COVID-19.
For updates about the novel coronavirus in your community, visit the website for your county’s Department of Health. If you have symptoms and worry that you have COVID-19, please contact your health care provider.