Fair Housing Act
Fair Housing Act (FHA)
When the FHA was amended in 1988, an important change was to forbid discrimination against people be...
About Housing Accessibility
Although the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) covers quite a few housing options, it does not c...
Related Laws Overview
To understand how US law relates to disability, it's important to be aware of more than just the ADA...
The ADA and Service Animals
What’s a service animal? The answer depends on the situation, and this FAQ article explains the basi...
- Housing Accessibility Conundrum: What do these technical assistance questions have in common?
Some housing-related disability rights are actually related to the Fair Housing Act (FHA), not the A...
- Let Me In! What you should know about the Fair Housing Act and disability
- Service Animals in Housing
- All the Buzz About Emotional Support Animals
- The Fair Housing Act (FHA) and Accessible Parking
- April is Fair Housing Month
04/19/2017- Happy Fair Housing Month! The theme for this year's Fair Housing Month commemoration is "Fair Housing Equals Opportunity," which emphasizes the fact that equality in housing provides the foundat...
- HUD Proposes New Rule Recognizing Additional Building Codes and Standards to Encourage More Housing Development
03/19/2020- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) announced a proposed rule that would recognize additional sets of standards and model building code editions that, when followed in the desig...
- Housing Accessibility under the Americans with Disability Act and the Fair Housing Act-Free Webinar
05/18/2017- Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:00 - 3:30 PM ET This 90 minute session will provide an overview of the 2010 ADA Standards and Fair Housing Act Accessibility Guidelines. It will include a brief discu...
- April will mark the 50th anniversary of the Fair Housing Act (FHA)
02/22/2018- With the goal of eliminating housing discrimination and residential segregation of all kinds, the bill is a critical tool for those with disabilities. In celebration of this important milestone, the N...
- Fair Housing Accessibility FIRST Design & Construction-Free Training
01/17/2018- May 8th, 2018, 8:00AM - 4:15PM EST Museum of disABILITY History, Main Training Room - 2nd Floor 3826 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14226This training will highlight the importance of design and c...
- New Regulations: Service Animals
05/30/2013- This session will review the following topics: • Revised definition of service animals under the ADA • Service animal inquiries under the ADA • Differences between the ADA and other law...
Service Animals Under the Fair Housing Act